Set up in 1997 with assistance from the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted, and also later on by the Swiss Umbrella Association of the Blind, the Press today is the largest Braille printing house in the country with many notable accomplishments to its credit. It has received Best National Braille Printing Press Award twice in the years 2009 & 2012 from the Union Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Equipped with six high-speed Braille embossers, producing Braille at a breath-taking speed of 400 to 1000 characters per second.
- Produced 1718 Braille titles which include 160 novels in Hindi and 11 in English, 168 story books in Hindi and 12 in English, children literature 184 titles in Hindi and 124 in English, Kavya Sangrah 42 in Hindi, dramas 36 in Hindi, miscellaneous titles 356 in Hindi and 130 in English, religious titles 101 in Hindi and 28 in English. In addition to above, we have also produced books in Bangala, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Oriya and Tamil languages numbering 74.
- We have also produced textbooks for several states including Bihar, Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh etc. but courses have changed and as a result except UP and NCERT books we are unable to serve other states due to financial crises.
- National Book Trust Publications in Braille in various languages like English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Oriya and Tamil are made accessible to blind at one-fourth Braille production cost, out of which we also contribute on-fourth of the Braille production cost to NBT.
- Brought out 5 periodicals in English and Hindi languages.
- 50 copies of 25 English titles and 100 copies of 40 Hindi titles are made available to 50 institutions and 100 schools and libraries for the blind free of cost for promotion of Braille.