Marga Schulze Merit Scholarship Scheme For Higher Education Of Girls With Visual Impairment

We are pleased to announce the CBM/Marga Schulze Merit Scholarship Scheme for visually impaired women students for 2015-2016 academic year. The scheme is being run in collaboration with CBM/Marga Schulze Foundation for about 15 years. The scheme provides a merit scholarship of Rs. 12,000/-, Rs. 15,000/- and Rs. 18,000/- for students undergoing graduation, B.Ed. and post-graduation courses respectively.

The general guidelines of the Scheme are as follows:

  1. The students, after getting admission in the colleges of their choices, should write to the All India Confederation of the Blind. The application form can be downloaded from our website or can be obtained from us through email
  2. The students of B.A. 2nd and 3rd year who have secured a minimum of 60% of marks in the previous exam will be considered for scholarship under the “graduation” category and the minimum eligibility for scholarship in the case of B.Ed. and post-graduate courses is 55% in the qualifying examinations. However, students of B.A. first year need not to apply. For them another scholarship scheme called Help the Blind Foundation scholarships has been introduced by us.
  3. The filled in application, with the recommendation of the Principal of the College where the student is admitted should be sent to the Administrative Office of the All India Confederation of the Blind latest by 31st August of the academic year. Applications sent without the signature of the Principal of the college concerned will not be considered.
  4. The number of scholarships to be given every year will be decided on the basis of available resources. Last year we have granted 176 scholarships in the country.
  5. Within one month from the date of selection for the scholarship, upto 60% of the scholarship amount will be released in favour of the student by cheque through the Principal of the concerned college. Therefore, the students should open a bank account. The remaining 40% will be released during the second half of the academic year after receiving the progress report and attendance certificate from the college/university authorities.
  6. The student should show academic performance at least 60% in the case of under-graduate female VI students and 55% in the cases of female VI students studying at B.Ed/Master’s Degree and more than 80% attendance record every year for the continuation of the scholarship.

Click here to download the application form for Marga Schulze Merit Scholarship